Kulfi is a type of frozen Indian dessert similar to ice cream. It comes in many different flavours such as, mango, pistachio and rose. In this recipe we are going to keep it simple and just use a combination of ground almond, cardamom and saffron to provide flavour.
Ingredients – Half Quantity (Full Quantity)
- 185mL 1/2 can (370mL 1 can) Evaporated Milk
- 75mL 1/4 can (150mL 1/2 can) Condensed Milk
- 500mL 1/2 tub (1L 1 tub) Whipped Cream Cool Whip
- 2 tbsp (4 tbsp) Ground Almond
- 1 tsp (2 tsp) Ground Cardamom
- 1 tsp (2 tsp) Sugar
- 1 tsp (2 tsp) Saffron
- Handful sliced almonds
- Handful sliced pistachios
Using a mortar and pestle we want to combine the sugar and saffron and grind them together.
- Combine some of the sugar and saffron in the mortar.
- Using the pestle, grind until and sugar and saffron have become one powder.
- Repeat until you have gotten through all the sugar and saffron.
- Combine evaporated milk, condensed milk and whipped cream in a bowl and blend until no lumps remain, using a hand blender.
- Add the ground almond, ground cardamom and saffron powder into the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a tray or individual serving cups. Garnish with the sliced almond and pistachio.
- Put into the freezer to freeze. Freezing time is about 5-6 hours.
** Half Quanity makes about 7-8 servings
** Full Quantity makes about 14-15 servings